Date: Wednesday 19 September 2012 - Thursday 20 September 2012
Location: Madrid, Spain
From Economic Scale to Economies of Choice
ACI’s Smart Grids 2012 is the opportune platform to convene with senior executives from the utilities industry, TSOs, DNOs, energy retailers, aggregators as well as technology providers to discuss ways of achieving smart transmission and distribution across the value chain.
The conference will have a heavy focus on case study examples of smart grid projects across the globe, discussing their business cases & models, innovative technologies utilized and the main challenges faced by each project and their approaches.
The Key Areas of Discussion for the Event will be:
- Global Market Developments
- Smarter Governments: Policy & Regulatory Update
- Remuneration & Taxation of Distributed and Sustainable Generation
- Smart Grid Projects: Case Study Examples
- Innovative Technologies for Smart Grid Development
- Achieving Smart Transmission & Distribution
- Smart Grid Projects: Technology Case Studies
- Consumer Perception & Reception of Smart Grids
- New Market Roles & Responsibilities Including: Micro-grids, Virtual Power Plants and Aggregators
Gas Natural Fenosa Site Visit
Control Room Centre, A 220/45/15KV Substation & Smart Grid Laboratory
During the afternoon of Tuesday 18th September 2012 up to 20 conference attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to visit three different sites at Gas Natural Fenosa’s Puente Princesa Offices in Madrid. The group will see their control room centre, a 220/45/15KV substation & their smart grid laboratory.
There is no extra charge to attend the site visit but spaces are strictly limited! Please register your attendance for the site visit when booking for the conference.
Confirmed Panel Members
Hans Vrinds, Executive Consultant, IBM Global Services (Conference Chair)
Cécile Musialski, Senior Associate Lawyer, Philippe & Partners
Jorge Tello Guijarro, Head of Active Networks and Distributed Energy Resources Integration, Gas Natural Fenosa
Susana Carillo, Smartgrid Project Manager, ENDESA
Joris Knigge, Innovator, Enexis B.V.
Denis O'Leary, Head IT & Smart Networks, ESB Networks
Asier Moltó Llovet, Project Leader - Demand Management, Red Eléctrica De España
Lucian Benghea, Program Manager Smart Grid, Transelectrica
Pierre Bernard, Head of Business Development, Elia Group Managing Partner, Bernard EnergyAdvocacy
Jimmie van der Zwaan, Partner, VMW Taxand N.V.
Marlot Witjes, Tax Lawyer, VMW Taxand N.V.
Robert J. Sarfi, Managing Partner, Boreas Group LLC
Nick Hunn, Development Director, ONZO
Daphne Geelen, Researcher, Delft University of Technology
Alicia Carrasco, Regulatory Director, eMeter, A Siemens Business Unit
Elena Gonzales Sanchez, Managing Partner, C19 Energy Partners
John J. Simmins, Senior Project Manager, Electric Power Research Institute
Miguel Torrão Mendes, Director Utilities Market, WeDo Technologies
Derek Macfarlane, DMS Consultant, GE Digital Energy
Marc Lamey, Smart Grid Sales & Business Development Vice-President, Alstom Grid
Yves Bertone, Smart Grid Deputy Director, Veolia Environment
Companies Attending in 2011
* Cereteth * Eskom * ENEL * Siemens * Itron Metering Solutions * Schneider Electric * GDF Suez * Mitsui & Co * BKW * Eltel Networks * Satyam Computer Services Ltd * Sinclair Knight Merz * IEEE * Shell * University Of Amsterdam * Gas Natural Servivios SDG, S.A. * PikeResearch * Power Plus Communications * Lime Energy * Telecom Italia SpA * IBM Global Services * Cisco Systems * Endesa Distribución Eléctrica * Movares Energy * Accenture * ESNA - Energy Service Network Association * Hitachi Europe Ltd. * Fortum * Ormazabal * E3G, Third Generation Environmentalism * ESB Networks * EDP Distribuição - Energia, S.A. * SAP * ONZO * Deputy Manager Smart Grid Group * Western Power Distribution * Orion Innovations LLP * Alstom Grid * Nabarro LLP * EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG * Verdantix * Telvent Servicios Compartidos * Aidon Oy *
Who Will Attend
Leading utilities and energy retailers including: managers and directors of smart grids, smart meters, data management, technical, network development, distributions, innovations and strategic project managers as well as business development executives from technical service providers, consultants and regulators.
Conference Only : £1395
Documentation Pack: £395
For Further Information Or To Register Your Attendance Contact
Tel: +44 (0) 207 981 9800
Commercial & Sponsorship Opportunities:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 981 2508